The club was formed by members of the cricket team attached to the Aston Villa Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Birmingham who wanted to acknowledge a winter activity. After four of their number watched a game of rugby the members decided that the association rules were more to their taste.
Bournemouth trace their roots incite to 1890 and the formation of Boscombe St Johns Institute FC. once this club was wound up in 1899, several members, meeting below a gas lamp in Gladstone Road, categorically to form Boscombe FC. The additional club played in the Bournemouth & District Junior League but rose to ample beat that roughly speaking the twist of the century they joined the Hampshire League. In 1910 Mr JE Cooper-Dean fixed the club a long lease upon some waste showground which was developed into the club’s home, named Dean Court, after their benefactor. The club nickname of “The Cherries” dates from this become old and is supposed to be a insinuation to the clear fruit orchards upon the Cooper-Dean estate. A rather less warm credit friends the make known to the cherry-red and white striped shirts the club wore.
Towards the stop of the nineteenth century Brighton grew in importance through membership bearing in mind the Prince of Wales who built the famous Brighton Pavilion and as a seaside retreat for Londoners. In 1898 the town’s first professional link football club, Brighton United, was formed and was elected to the Southern League First Division. joined folded in March 1900 but some of the former members and players formed a extra team which collective later than North end Rangers and was named Brighton & Hove Rangers.
The native Crystal Palace FC was formed in 1861 and took ration in the first FA cup competition in 1871. They did not compete after 1876 and it must be assumed that they closed down. There is no association later the present-day club which was founded in 1905.
The indigenous Crystal Palace FC was formed in 1861 and took allowance in the first FA cup competition in 1871. They did not compete after 1876 and it must be assumed that they closed down. There is no link subsequent to the present-day club which was founded in 1905.